Saturday, October 07, 2006
Welcome!
G'day and welcome to our blog. First, I want to thank Lauren for creating this lovely blog.
Just a little background information.....my name is Lisa and my husband Scott and I are in the process of adopting a child from Moscow. We live in Newport, RI where I work as a Registered Dietitian and Scott, who is Australian, is a sailboat captain. We originally planned to adopt from the Ukraine, where our friends Jody and Steve adopted their child. However, adoptions closed there and we put our focus on Russia.
We had all of our paperwork completed by mid August and were in "hurry up and wait mode" until two weeks ago when we received a phone call from our agency that we have a referral for a little boy who will be two next month. We received photos and some medical info, which sent to a physican who specializes in adoption. We accepted the referral and proceeded to make arrangements for trip #1. However, Thursday night we received a phone call from our agency that there is a "glitch" which might affect our travel plans and we should talk more on Tuesday. It is a holiday weekend, so, of course I am contemplating every possible "glitch". So, stay tuned and I will keep you informed as to when we will be travelling!


4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I hope everything goes ok for you Lisa. I found your blog via Lauren's. Don't assume the worst. Maybe it will just be pushed back a couple of days. Keep us posted.
Melissa :)
http://mmrussianadoption.blogspot.com/

Blogger Brian & Rebeca said...

Hey I hope everything is ok and soon you will travel to meet him.
We just adopted a boy (2) and a girl (1) from Moscow. our blog is:
http://knowlesadventure.blogspot.com

Blogger Jenni said...

Welcome to the blogger world! I hope the glitch is a minor one and you will be traveling soon (we had one of those "glitches" too, and it backed up our travel by a week).

Feel free to check out our family blog, Four Feet More at: http://pereydaz.blogspot.com

Blogger Yeah So said...

Welcome to blog land. Look forward to sharing your journey!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer