Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Good Evening,
After waiting for what seemed to be eternity we spoke with our agency. Unfortunately, the little boy we hoping to adopt has some problems with his paperwork and is not eligible for adoption at this time. As you can imagine we are extremely disappointed as we grew quite attached to the little guy. So now we are back to waiting for a referral for another child, however, we are confident that our agency will have another child for us soon. Thanks so much to everyone who has sent us words of encouragement - we realize that many of you (fellow bloggers) have been or are in the same place.
On the homefront, we spent one day last weekend visiting a nearby Ikea (Stoughton, MA) - it was our first time there and maybe the weekend wasn't such a great time to go - the place was packed! We were looking for shelving units for our upstairs loft area in an effort to get organized. We came home with a few large boxes of shelving units that are yet to be assembled. Scott is leaving for Tortola (BVI) in two weeks on business so hopefully they will be completed before he leaves so I have something to keep me occupied while he is gone.
I look forward to hearing of more people receiving referrals or making travel plans!
Have a great week!
Lisa


3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Sorry to hear that the child you wanted was unavailable. Just have faith that it will happen for you soon :)

Blogger Laura said...

Welcome Lisa! I'm so sorry about your referral.
We are all here for support if you need it.
Laura (confessionsofarussianadoption.blogspot.com)

Blogger Jennefer said...

Hello! So you are the Lisa Lauren was talking to me about. I am glad I found your blog. I am so sorry about your referral. I am sure that really played with your emotions and you are probably feeling quite guarded. That would be really hard.

I hope you hear some good news soon! And things go smoother from here on out.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer