Saturday, October 28, 2006
Saturday 28 October 2006
There is quite a storm at the moment (rain, wind.....), I have lost power a few times today.
No news from our agency yet....hopefully they will call this week.
It was my birthday on Thursday......my mother made a delicious dinner at her house and all the family was there. I received some lovely gifts......my sister Suzanne gave me a white feather Christmas tree (I have always wanted one!), and a sailboat beaded bracelet from Angela Moore. My sister Pam and my parents gave me a very generous gift as well! Scott gave me an accessory for our new car. I received two books from Scotts family in Australia as well. I had dinner on Friday with 3 friends from work (Donna, Cece and Laurie) and they gave me a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. We have also received our first "baby" gift! My friend Jody gave me an adorable stuffed elephant that has many hidden surprises!
While we wait work on the house continues. Scott is in the process of building a small cedar closet in our attic to store our off season clothes. Once that is complete my shoe tree will have to be relocated from the spare bedroom (soon to be baby room) to upstairs.
While waiting, I have been following Lauren and Marias progress as well as reading Jen's "lists" - she had very detailed lists which she shares on her blog from "what to ask the adoption director" to what to bring for travel.
Check back next week for more news!


3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...

Happy Happy Birthday! In the midst of hurrying to go nowhere I fell behind on blog reading. Hope ou had a good day!

Blogger Jennefer said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog. I am glad you are able to use my lists! It looks like we have very close birthdays! Happy Belated Birthday to you!

I hope you hear news this week!

Blogger Melissa said...

Happy belated birthday. I hope you have received good news from your agency while we were away.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer