Thursday, December 07, 2006
Monday 4 December

Our last day!
Elena and Sergei picked us up at 9:30 - we went straight to the orphanage. Andrews group was getting ready to go outside to play. They are a little bit older (3-4 yrs old) and very cute - I wish I could take 1 or 2 more home with us! We took him to the playroom and the music teacher was there - she played a song on the piano and then put on a childrens music CD. She started to dance with him and it was cute to see his little feet move from side to side. He really likes to be twirled around and giggles like mad when this is done. It was time for lunch and we were able to observe him for a few minutes - he eats at a table with 3 other children. He was having borsch soup and black bread. He feeds himself very well and is able to drink from a china teacup without spilling a drop. We then left to go to the main orphanage building to complete the necessary paperwork to proceed with the adoption. Later that evening we had dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant - the Tom Yum Gum soup was excellent.

Tuesday 5 December 2006

Sergei picked us up at the hotel to take us to the airport. It was hard to leave without seeing Andrew one more time. I am trying to focus on all of the things I need to do to prepare for his arrival. He will not sleep in a crib so I will be getting him a toddler bed. I was also able to figure out his size - he is a size 2T - so now I can start to do some shopping - perhaps a trip to the outlets is in order!
The flight home was excellent as the airplane was only 1/2 full and we were able to stretch out! Our flight from JFK was delayed a by about 1/2 an hour (it is a very noisy airport!) - my sister Pam picked us up in Providence- it is good to be home!


3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Glad you made it home safe. How fun that you get to shop now after meeting Andrew.

Blogger Jennefer said...

Welcome home! That is great that you had such a wonderful experience! And how cool that you were able to get together with Lauren. I hope you can return soon!

Blogger Melissa said...

Welcome back to the states. I hope that you get a court date quickly. I know I miss my little one like crazy. The wait is a killer

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer